Our Home Care Patients
- What kinds of patients use home care services?
- Our Most Successful Patients
- Home Care Patients and Doctors
What kinds of patients use home care services?
*GNS follows Medicare guidelines for acceptance to home care.
- Are homebound. This means it is a “significant, taxing effort for the patient to leave home” and absences from home are “infrequent and of short duration.”
- Require intermittent medical care.
- Are under the care of a physician throughout the course of home care.
Our Most Successful Patients
The Patient and/or the family are committed to taking part in their own care to further their independence or maintain the patient in their own environment.
Home Care Patients and Doctors
- GNS usually admits our patients for 9 weeks at a time, although occasionally we feel the patient requires less visits and will request less time on the orders with the doctors.
- If after 9 weeks, the patient is not ready to discharge we will extend our visits and send the doctor a re-certification update.
- If the patient is ready to discharge before 9 weeks, we will let the doctor know so he/she may follow up with the patient as they desire.